Wife, Mom, Grandmother (MoMo) and Christian.

My photo
Abilene, TX - Texas, United States

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Our way...

Saturday:  I am now in love with my husband more than ever. He did something so out of the ordinary.  I am so proud of him. He decided to pick his family over his habit.  I am so happy and he makes me so happy. We had a chance to go to a party and he turned the car around and decided that we would not go.  

Sunday:  Had a wonderful day at church.  The sermon was excellent and very informative and engaging.  I love how our Preacher preaches.  Now, that evening was not perfect, but we take the good times with the bad I guess.

Monday:  I know the power of God was working Saturday afternoon because he turned the car around and we came home and spent time with our son and his mom and step-dad.  We played dominoes and played music.  We had even stopped to get a six-pack of beer to celebrate since I was so excited and he was too.  I cannot express how I was so happy and just felt like a chain had been taken off or released.  Now, what I meant by the power of God at work earlier is that while we were headed down the road to go that way, I was playing a game on my laptop and suddenly felt really sleepy.  Well, I told my husband that I was going to close my eyes for a bit (well, it was the Holy Spirit making me keep my mouth shut and let him concentrate and have that war with his good and evil to make a good decision). I understood that afterwards.  Well, it felt like I had been asleep for about an hour and in reality, it had only been about 10 minutes or less.  I awoke to him turning the car around in the bar-ditch and I was so confused.  I saw that where we had turned there was road construction, but it did not dawn on me what was going on.  I asked him if the road was closed.  Well, with a look on his face that is indescribable, he told me no and that we were going home.  Well, at first I was just trying to figure out what the heck was going on. Then, it dawned on me that we were not going to go to that party and mess up and back-slide on what I had been trying so hard not to do.  He talks about it all the time and it really infuriates me.  But, I do not say anything and just try to let it go and let him talk it out.  Now granted I don't feel as though it has the same pull on me, but in a way I know it has to and that we all have to deal with addiction in our own way.  We have been very honest with our son and I tell him everything that I think he needs to know and try to use as much of this as a teaching tool for a learning moment so that he understands later when he is faced with these issues.  The devil with try anything and I intend to educate my son so that he can be prepared to wage that war with evil and win.  Like our preacher says about the Bible, we know how it is going to end.  So, we know who wins...

Have a wonderful week!!!  God bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment