Wife, Mom, Grandmother (MoMo) and Christian.

My photo
Abilene, TX - Texas, United States

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Updated: New information about free eye exams and eyeglasses

Ok, here is an update on some new information I got and I have already submitted my name and etc. to them to contact me regarding this since my son now needs an exam and may need glasses.

So, here goes:  You can find more info on the www.new-eyes.org website.
The school counselor called and gave me some info on who to contact:

She told me to call Vision USA, but instead I Googled www.aoafoundation.org/vision-usa them and found out that I do not qualify since I have Medicaid, but there may be someone out there who needs to contact them, so just Google Vision USA and you will see if you qualify.

When you look up the new-eyes website, it will also bring up the other and about 5 other sites that can help: Commission For The Blind, Lions Clubs, Vision USA, Sight for Students and EyeCare America.  The glasses will come from the retailer www.MarvelOpitics.com.  Individuals cannot apply for themselves. The online application is only accessible to social service agencies who apply on their clients behalf.  Eligibility requirements are:
New Eyes purchases new prescription eyeglasses for low-income individuals in the U.S. through a voucher program. To be eligible for our program, applicants must:
  • Meet the U.S. Poverty guidelines.
  • Have had a recent eye exam. New Eyes does not pay for eye exams. Contact Us if you need assistance in locating a source of free or low-cost eye exams
  • Have no other resources available to them to pay for glasses, including federal or state programs or assistance from local charitable organizations.
A New Eyes voucher typically covers only the cost of a basic pair of single or lined bifocal eyeglasses.


Happy hunting everyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment