Wife, Mom, Grandmother (MoMo) and Christian.

My photo
Abilene, TX - Texas, United States

Friday, January 1, 2016

Hunting for Deer meat

Ok, here it is last of the season and starving.  So, my husband and my son are hunting for a deer.  While I write this, they are tromping through the brush since there are only a few more days of the season left.  I hope they get one.  If not, we will have to find a way to get more groceries until our Food stamps come again.  That's right, we are also getting Welfare.  We said we would never do it, but we had to.  It has gotten so bad that my husband had to swallow his pride and let me apply.  It gets harder and harder each time we apply and it frustrates him because the are so demanding.  I tell the truth on my application, so that is why it makes it hard is what people tell me.  What!!!???  I thought that was what we are supposed to do.  Right??  I tell them the truth and get what I thought was helpful.  Well, come to find out, those people that do not tell the truth get double, even triple of what we get.  Damn!!  As enticing as it sounds, I think that what we get is fair and I do not want to be greedy.  

Well, guess what?  They got one!!!!  Cool, so now they are out there skinning the deer and we can either take it to the processor or do it ourselves.  Really want to do ourselves.  Well, gotta go find the meat grinder and get the supplies ready for our deer.  Gonna make chicken enchiladas tonight with homemade tortillas, so we will have deer tomorrow night.  Good day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment